I had heard this many times in the past and I thought I had grasped it's meaning, but I was incorrect. Only recently did I realize the essence of it.
For a while I thought that if I reach a milestone in my life I would be happy and content, but that never happened. Once I reach the milestone, there is happiness and contentment and a sense of accomplishment for a brief period of time and then the mind wants to move to something else : a new pursuit. So I realize that as we pursue our different goals as part of our lives, we will collectively spend only a brief amount of time in those goal-achievement/fulfillment periods. Much of the time will be spent in the pursuit or the journey. So its a wise thing to enjoy the good and the ugly parts of the journey and it's wiser to chose those journey's that are meaningful to us. It would be very sorrowful to chose a journey which keeps you unhappy for most of the time, only for the sake of reaching a destination that is still meaningful.
We will never arrive to a place and stay there content/happy forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment