Sunday, August 04, 2013

Philosophical Conversations : Purpose of Life

Disciple: Swamiji, what is the purpose of life?

Swamiji: Life has no purpose. Just like all other beings on this earth, we come into existence and we walk out of it. It's the human ego that makes us think we are more important than other beings and others, and that we are significant enough to make a difference.

Disciple: I am enlightened Swamiji. This puts an end to my long search for the purpose of life. But I have another question. If life has no purpose then how should I live my life (from the time I take birth to the time I die)? Should it really matter if I take the path of Good or the path of Bad?

Swamiji: Ah! You think too much. Let me tell you a trick. Stop questioning and you'll find happiness. Ignorance is Bliss.

Disciple: Sure it is. But should I be purusing happiness or should I be pursuing knowledge?

Swamiji: Now you are starting to annoy me. You are not following my advice.

No comments: