Thursday, November 24, 2022

Movie Review : Parineeta

I am a big fan of the song *Piyu Bole* from the movie Parineeta. I had watched this movie in around 2009 in the theatre when it was released. At that time I did not understand the movie much apart from liking the songs and the music. This is the movie that introduced me to Vidya Balan and Shantanu Moitra. Little did I notice the lyrics at that time. That was the time when I hardly used to pay attention to lyrics. Songs were all music for me. Otherwise I would have noticed the talent of the lyricist and would have known about Sawanand Kirkire at that time itself. Until a couple of years ago, I wasn't aware that there was a lyricist by name Sawanand Kirkire :-)

But recently I watched it online. Thanks to Youtube, was able to watch it by paying just as much as a coffee costs by sitting in my home.

I was able to appreciate the movie a lot now. I am older and more mature to understand the movie and I have a sense of appreciation for good movies now... I can categorize movies on the spectrum of good to bad based not just on the story and songs but also on other aspects like acting, lyrics, cinematography, script, direction, screenplay. Thanks to Anitha for this. 

I noticed the wonderful acting done by most of the crew, the effort made to create the settings to resemble the period of when the story was made, the lyrics of the songs reflecting the situation and gelling into the movie. The story... the dialogues between Sanjay Dutt and Vidya Balan at their first encounter... the love between Vidya and Saif. Sanjay Dutt's role was great and his dialogues were also well written.

I really enjoyed the movie. It takes interest and effort to create such a movie. 

No comments: