Thursday, November 24, 2022

Status tab in Whatsapp

The status tab in Whatsapp, like many other things is sometimes useful and sometimes not. It helps to see what others are sharing and be a part of it. Or you can sometimes envy what others are doing depending on how you see it and your on state of the mind at that time. And it's also one of the many other distractions that a smartphone provides. Like other social media.

For those reasons I thought I don't want it anymore in my Whatsapp. So I started looking to see if Whatsapp allows me to customize it, but I couldn't find an option on my phone. So I started searching online to see if I can hide it. But then it occurred to me : I have a choice to view it or not. How about I train myself not to click on it every time I open Whatsapp? Hence I started being aware of my natural (trained because of habit) response of my eyes noticing the dot next to the status tab and also my thumb gravitating towards it. But I refrained from tapping on it. It took couple of days, but now I no longer click on it. 

The solution was there within me,  but I was looking outside for it. Looking for a tool to fix the problems created by another tool. 

Often, you are in control if you exercise it. 

No comments: